Tuesday 8 March 2011

Music again; 30 day song challenge

I cant think of anything to write about, so to start myself off imma write about music. 


Ive decided to do that 30 song challenge on facebook, seems like a fun idea. Although the first song, supposed to be my favorite song, stumped me. I actually dont know my favorite song of all time, so i decided to do my song of the moment. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmUcQM0jmqQ 


Too Little, Too Late - A Skylit Drive


That song makes my hairs stand on end. A combination of the lyrics and the epic feel of that opening really get me, and i love the subtle synths, such a good melody, if anything they should be a little louder.


I cant stick to one song, too many good songs out there, so im going to do 2 or 3 for each day. Just to keep things fun and interesting.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iImrkunXTq8

Danger: Wildman - The Devil Wears Prada


I dislike religious bands intensely, but i absolutely adore this song. The screaming is so insane, the cleans are good if a bit auto tuned, and the use of the orchestral strings is brilliant. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t0ysBeGIhc

Plot To Bomb The Panhandle - A Day To Remember


I havent really given these guys a proper listen in a while, probably my favorite band of all time. I really do love this song, its got a real drive that makes you want to get up and mosh. The vocals are brilliant all round, the cleans are a little soft sounding compared to their later efforts, but in my opinion the production on the screams is far better on this album, giving the songs a much harder edge.


I can't think of anything else to listen to, probably because im too tired. I really need to start trying to get to sleep earlier, but i always seem to get distracted. I tell myself every single day that ill be in bed by ten, but that turns into quarter past eleven at best. Oh well. Im not helping right now, am I?


Thanks for reading, ill try blog something a bit more meaningful tomorrow. Hopefuly the 30 day song challenge will give me a prompt. 


Follow me on twitter if you ain't already, cheers.


AJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment